LEGIT UNIT 17 POLICE POWERS IN THE UNIFORMED PUBLIC SERVICES ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICES AND ONLINE TUTOR'S ASSISTANCE FOR TOP-NOTCH SCORES!
Qualification - BTEC Level 3 Extended Subsidiary Diploma in Public Services
Unit Name - Police Powers In The Uniformed Public Services
Unit Number - Unit 17
Unit Code - M/600/6082
Assignment Title - Powers Of Arrest & Detention
Unit Level - Level 3
Learning outcome 1: Know the requirements of lawful arrest and detention
Learning outcome 2: Understand regulations regarding searching people and premises
Learning outcome 3: Understand the powers of the police to grant bail.
MOST RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY UNIT 17 POLICE POWERS IN THE UNIFORMED PUBLIC SERVICES - BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC SERVICES ASSIGNMENT HELP AND ASSESSMENT HELP SERVICES AT YOUR DOORSTEPS!
Tasks 1 For P1: In a word document describe the difference between arrest with andwithout a warrant. Include Citizens arrest.
learner needs to display an understanding of the situations where an arrest can be made with and without a warrant, together with some examples of relevant offences
• Code G of Pace 1984
• Arrest with warrant Mags
• Summary offence, indicatable offence and either wat offences
• What are the powers used for arrest, explain Section 1 to 5 of the Public order act 1984?
• What is breach of the Peace?
• How long can you be in custody?
review the G20 protest and other case studies whereby unlawful arrest have been made.
For P2: You will also need to State the rights of a detainedperson, whilst explainingthe requirements of lawful arrest and detention.
The rights of the detained person need to be stated. One way of displaying understanding is by using case studies/hypothetical examples which show application of the rules.
• Physical right
• Personal rights
• Legal rights
• Right to silence, however, explain the downfall if you go no comment.
• DNA samples required; do you agree?
• Why it is important to tape record?
• Right of the interviewee
• Appropriate adults?
Wider research of P1 and P2:
M1 is an extension of P1 and P2 and requires the learner explain the requirements of lawful arrest and detention. Again, use of examples where arrest and detention are and is not lawful could be used.
You have to also go onto to explain legislation that govern the police and why
• Why is Pace 1984 put in place?
• What is the serious crime and Police act 2005
• What is the criminal justice act?
• What is Police and Justice act 2006
How do the above legislation help in the way you govern the arrests and detention process?
This task provides evidence for P1, P2 and M1
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR BEST GRADES SOLUTIONS FOR BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC SERVICES ASSIGNMENTS? APPROACH AT MIRACLESKILLS AND GET HIGH GRADED SOLUTION FROM SKILLS ACADEMIC WRITERS!
P3: In a word document, explain the powers the police haveto search people, vehicles and premises.
requires the learner to explain police powers to search people and premises. Practical application of the rules in a case study scenario could be useful to support the learner's response.
Person search powers:
• Section 1 Search Pace 1984 (Reasonable Suspicion)
• Section 2 GO WISELY
• Section 60 Search (CJAPO, 1994)
• Section 44 Terrorism Act 2000 Search - Can search anybody under this law and do not require reasonable suspicion
• Other Statutory Legislation - Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
• Section 32 of Pace and how you can use this
• What are the time limits for searching?
• What is consent searching?
Property search powers:
• Searching with Warrant, what is Section 8 of Pace 1984. List what needs to be done
• Powers to enter without warrant, explain Section 17 and 18
• Section 23 Misuse of drugs act 1971
• How do Public appeal unlawful entry to search by the police?
Ensure you explain all the laws above and provide a case study for one person search from the above law and one Property search. In total two cases studies should be used.
To achieve D1:You will also need to evaluate the police powers of arrest, detention and search.
learners will need to evaluate the powers of the police to arrest and detain individuals and search individuals and their property. Learners will need to consider why police have these powers and how society regulates the use of these powers
• what is the the IPCC, how do they work. Provide two case studies where public have made complaints and how the procedure worked
• what is the HM Inspectorates of constabulary
you need to review everything you have written, be able to provide case studies of this/ Stephen Lawrence stop search, unfairness, BLM movement, the Covid law restrictions? Public perception of Police officers and their powers.
Conclude this with your opinion and the pros and Cons.
To achieve the criteria you must show that you are able to:
Describe the difference between arrest with and
without a warrant
State the rights of a detainedperson
Explain the powers the police have to search people and premises
Explain the requirements of lawful arrest and detention
Evaluate police powers of arrest, detention and search.
HIRE PROFESSIONAL WRITER FROM MIRACLESKILLS.COM AND GET BEST QUALITY UNIT 17 POLICE POWERS IN THE UNIFORMED PUBLIC SERVICES - BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC SERVICES ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICES!