Programme: Pearson BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Unit Number and Name: Unit 3 Strategic Change Management
Assignment title: Strategic Change Management
Credit value: 10
Level: Level 7
Get in touch with our professional Diploma assignment help online. We are a trustable assignment writing service in UK who can help you with all your academic worries.
The Purpose of this Assignment:
For an organisation to be competitive both now and in the future, it is vital to understand how current thinking on leadership influences an organisation's planning to meet current and future leadership requirements. This assignment will enable you to demonstrate an understanding of the links between strategic management, leadership and organisational direction, and the skills to be able to apply this understanding within an organisational context.
The Eastman Kodak Company is an American technology company that produces imaging products with its historic basis on photography. Kodak provides packaging, functional printing, graphic communications and professional services for businesses around the world.
Sales at Kodak are down, and you are the head of the sales department at head office. As the manager of Kodak you decide to take maters into your hands and try to change this trend. In order to do so you first provide a brief profile of the company and a summary of the drivers for change within the organization and then discuss and evaluate three models of strategic change and explain which one you think is the best option (mention your idea in third person).
After that you decide to perform a SWOT analysis about the company so that it will be easier to understand which aspects must be changed. Before you finish this section you have to include a critical evaluation of the consequences of not changing in terms of human, physical and financial resources.
You will need to show and propose how you are going to involve the different stakeholders once the change takes place and also underline how you and your team will manage the diverse reactions to change by the different stakeholders. Before you end this section you will first have to critically evaluate the appropriateness of the management of stakeholders and then assess the options available to Kodak in implementing the change project and dealing with any resistance. Furthermore, make recommendations on how resistance would be managed.
Finally, you will have to recommend and justify an appropriate change model/strategy including a strategy to manage reactions to change. Before you finish you also plan the implementation process for change and develop appropriate methods to monitor progress and evaluate success.
On the base of the above scenario the Learner has to:
I. Understand the background to organisational strategic change
1. Provide a brief profile of Kodak and a summary of the drivers for change within the organization.
2. Discuss and evaluate the relevance of three models of strategic change to your chosen organisation bearing in mind the current economy. (1.1).
3. Evaluate the relevance of the models of strategic change for your organisation and assess the value of using strategic intervention techniques in organisations. (1.2, 1.3).
II. Understand issues relating to strategic change in Kodak.
1. Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of Kodak that indicate the requirement for change. (2.1).
2. Critically evaluate the background to the need for the organizational change - including the driving and restraining forces and consequence of not changing in terms of human, physical and financial resources. (2.2, 2.3).
III. Be able to lead stake holders in developing a strategy for change
1. Propose a system that will involve stakeholders in the introduction of change in Kodak and also manage the diverse reactions to change by different stakeholders. (3.1, 3.2).
2. Critically evaluate the appropriateness of the management of stakeholders. Be clear about what is effective and what could be improved. (3.3).
3. Assess the options available to Kodak in implementing the change project and dealing with any resistance and make recommendations on how resistance would be managed. (3.4).
IV. Be able to plan to implement models for ensuring ongoing change
1. Recommend and justify an appropriate change model/strategy including a strategy to manage reactions to change, including any resistance that is appropriate for Kodak. (4.1).
2. Plan the implementation process for change and develop appropriate methods to monitor progress and evaluate success, e.g. headline timescale, resources needed and evaluation/control systems. (Internal and external circumstances impacting on the organisation also need to be considered). (4.2, 4.3).
: Discuss models of strategic change
: Evaluate the relevance of models of strategic change to organisations in the current economy
: Assess the value of using strategic intervention techniques in Kodak. 2.1: Examine the need for strategic change in Kodak.
: Assess the factors that are driving the need for strategic change in
: Assess the resource implications of the organisation not responding to strategic change.
3.1: Develop systems to involve stakeholders in the planning of change. 3.2: Develop a change management strategy with stakeholders.
: Evaluate the systems used to involve stakeholders in the planning of change.
: Create a strategy for managing resistance to change. 4.1: Develop appropriate models for change.
: Plan to implement a model for change.
: Develop appropriate measures to monitor progress.
• Understand the background to organisational strategic change.
• Understand issues relating to strategic change in an organisation.
• Be able to lead stake holders in developing a strategy for change.
• Be able to plan to implement models for ensuring ongoing change.
Want to score an A+ grade? Contact us today and get the well-researched HND assignment help online in UK.